frame - 59cm. This bicycle is designed for long-distance touring,
with 135mm rear hub spacing, mountain bike hubs and brakes, three water
bottle mounts, and attachments for racks and fenders. Its got long
chainstays for plenty of heel clearance even with big, stuffed, panniers.
- Mavic T519 rims
- Shimano Deore XT hubs and crankset
- Shimano Ultegra shifters and derailleurs
- Avid Shorty 6 brakes
- Continental Top Touring 2000 tires (32mm)
- REI panniers
- Topeak Road Morph pump
- Chris King GripNut headset
- Thompson seatpost
- Selle Italia Flite saddle (Yes, I actually like this thing).
- Bike, no accessories: 22 lbs
- bike, small saddlebag, front & rear racks, and pump: 30 lbs
- bike fully loaded, with camping gear, clothing, tools, camera, and
three full water bottles: 72 lbs.
- bike, gear, and me: 310 lbs.